Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery Eye Masks

It's "busy season" in the accounting world and I am very tired. My eyes are looking particularly zonked from starring at a computer screen for most of the day. The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery Eye Masks are one of those mid-week treats, a quick 10 minute ritual that left my eye area feeling renewed and refreshed. 

Did you know that the skin of your eye area is 40% thinner than the rest of your face, making it more prone to fatigue, dehydration and fine lines? As such, I'm finding that if I treat my eye area nicely, I generally appear more well-rested.  



 The Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery Eye Mask is said to deliver 20x more of the original ANR's soothing, hydrating and repair ingredients. Star ingredients include Lady's Thistle and White Birch for soothing; Rice Bran Extract (popular in Korean Skincare) and the very common Hyaluronic Acid for hydration; and the same anti-pollution technology featured in the ANR Serum. I featured the ANR on the blog a couple years ago, and I still think that it's an excellent all-rounder serum option for hydration, radiance, brightening and smoothing of the skin. 

The one-time-use packaging keeps the liquid and the pads in separate, sealed chambers. Before application, you break the seal and the liquid is soaks the pads. You're meant to leave the pads on for 10 minutes but I think that if you've got time, 20-30 minutes wouldn't hurt. 

The eye masks don't absorb all of the lightweight serum, so with the leftover liquid, I smoothed the product all over my face. It was a similar but slightly colder experience compared to applying Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum all over the face. 

The eye masks sat comfortably under my eyes. They're a thin fabric, not gel, and I had no issues with slipping while sitting upright. I've only tried one set, and therefore can't speak on any long term results (reduced signs of aging, etc.). However, the immediate increase in hydration and plumpness of my under eyes was clear. Energized-looking eyes = energized Stephanie, ready to take on another busy day. 

Price and availability. 4 pack for $49, 1 for $14 at The Bay, Shoppers' Drug Mart, Murale, Nordstrom, Saks and esteelauder.ca

What's your favourite eye mask? 
Press sample featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!