Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid 24H, Stick Foundation and Cushion

In 1997, Lancome released the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation. Then, it guaranteed 14 hour hold. Twenty years later in 2017, the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation has been updated - a new frosted glass bottle, 40 shades and 24 hour wear. 

In addition to the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation ($55 CAD), the Teint Idole family includes the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Stick Foundation ($53 CAD) and the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Cushion Foundation ($55 CAD). Each is a little different in terms of finish, shade range, longevity and SPF. In case you weren't aware, there's a serious foundation junkie over here *points at self*, so I was above and beyond excited to put all three to the test. 






 Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid in 260 W Bisque, Stick Foundation in 260 W Bisque and Cushion Foundation in 250 N Bisque Swatches 

In terms of shade range there are 40 shades of the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid, 30 shades of the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Stick Foundation and 18 shades of the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Cushion Foundation. There's a slight inconsistency from the Ultra Wear Liquid to the Stick with 260W but it's not noticeable when blended into the skin. Without a doubt, there is something for everyone in at least one of the Teint Idole formulations. 

 Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation 24H in 260 W Bisque Before and After Swatch 

Let's start with Lancome's classic Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid Foundation. Lancome says that this is a matte finish foundation with moderate to full coverage with SPF 15. The foundation is fragrance-free, oil-free and and transfer-free.

Believe it or not, the Lancome Teint Idole was the first high-end foundation that I tried in my teens. 
I liked it then and I love it now. The texture is liquid but not watery (like the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD). It applies smoothly with a brush, fingertips or a sponge and doesn't crease or attach itself to drier areas. Coverage is medium yet very natural ("my skin but better") and can be built up in layers for fuller coverage. I don't feel it on my skin, no matter how much I cake it on. Above, I'm wearing about a pump and a half, one pump all over the face and the rest over hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. It's a natural matte finish and the most matte of the three Teint Idole options. 

The only thing to note is that I did not wear it for 24 hours, nor would it have lasted on my oily skin for 24 hours without a setting powder. I wear this foundation without a setting powder and get about 8 hours of wear before my nose and forehead start looking greasy and the foundation bunches up around my glasses pads on my nose. At this point, the foundation is prone to transferring but with a mid-day touch-up any oiliness issues are easily alleviated. 

 Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Stick Foundation in 260 W Bisque Before and After Swatch 

Next up, we have the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Stick Foundation. Lancome says that this one is a natural matte with moderate to full coverage and SPF 21. It can be used as foundation, concealer or contour. I appreciate that the packaging is very portable, as the frosted glass of the liquid isn't particularly travel-friendly. 

Like the Liquid, the Stick Foundation is easy to apply with any tool and features buildable coverage. I've only ever tried one other stick foundation, which is the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick Foundation. In comparison, the Lancome Teint Idole Stick Foundation is much lighter and less greasy-feeling. In terms of finish, I would not call it matte - it's a satin finish and again, very skin-like. At 6 hours, if I don't set with powder at the beginning of the day, my oils start to peek through.

 Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Cushion Foundation in 250 N Bisque Before and After Swatch 

Last and also my least favourite of the 3 Teint Idole Foundations is the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Cushion. It is said to have a natural matte finish with moderate to full coverage and SPF 50. 

For me the finish is very dewy. The higher SPF also causes a white cast in photos (hence the colouring issues with the above photo), though thankfully it does not look as pale in person. The coverage is medium buildable to full. 

My biggest issue with the Lancoeme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Cushion is the longevity, as well as the way it looks on my skin. After about 2 hours, the foundation starts to seep into my fine lines (for reference, I'm 22 and this foundation shows imperfections that I didn't even know I had!). Yes, I can set the foundation, but that defeats the purpose of a product that is meant to be "easy to use". For my oilier friends, I'd steer clear of the cushion but perhaps if you've got drier skin it might work better for you. 


Two big thumbs up for the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Liquid 24H and Stick Foundations. There's a reason why this product has stuck around for 20 years. 

Have you ever tried the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation?

Press samples featured


Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!