Friday, December 16, 2016

glo Minerals Pressed Base in Golden Medium

My first foundation was a powder foundation. I was interested in taking the glo Minerals Pressed Base ($63 CAD) for a spin because it's been a while since I've used a powder foundation. Also, the glo Minerals Pressed Base is one of glo Minerals top-selling, award-winning hero products...so it had a lot to live up to. 

glo Minerals Pressed Base in Golden Medium before and after

The glo Minerals Pressed Base has a good range of 20 shades, from natural fair to cocoa medium. I've been using the shade Golden Medium, which was (when I took these photos) too light for me. Even now for the winter months, I could go one step deeper to Golden Dark. 


What I like about the glo Minerals Pressed Base foundation is that it's very buildable. Application with something fluffy and sparse like the glo Minerals Ultra Brush ($49.50 CAD) provides sheer coverage, whereas application with a sponge or denser brush would provide full coverage of acne scarring and redness. In the photos I've built it up to a medium. 

In texture, I feel the powder on my skin. It's not heavy like a cream foundation but it's not lightweight either. Perhaps it's the ingredient bismuth oxycholoride which tends to break some (but not all) people out. I didn't find the Pressed Base to break me out. 

The powder is mattifying with a natural sheen. Oil control is not ideal - after about 4-5 hours when my face begins to look oily and I need to blot. The weird thing about the Pressed Base is that I found it to oxidize lighter throughout the day, particularly in my oily areas like my nose and forehead. 

Overall, I'm not convinced. My experience with the glo Minerals Pressed Base was okay but not great. For now, I'll be going back to my liquid foundations. 

Have you tried the glo Minerals Pressed Base? What's your fave powder foundation?

Press samples featured. glo Minerals is talc-free, non comedogenic and cruelty free. 
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!