Saturday, October 29, 2016

Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo & Conditioner #LiveRaw

R.A.W. - Real. Authentic. Wholesome - an all new product line from Matrix Biolage that is 99% biodegradable and 70% to 100% natural-origin with no sulfates, silicones, parabens or artificial colorants. Sounds good to me! 


Is it weird that I find the packaging really funny? The bottles look exactly like those overpriced $10 cold pressed juices. But don't be fooled by the fruity scents. This is shampoo and conditioner (for external use only). In all seriousness, the packaging is rad. Every bottle is made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic. 

The Matrix Biolage R.A.W. line includes three sets of shampoo/conditioner/hair mask, as well as a Replenish hair oil: 
  • Nourish - Transforms dull hair into healthy-looking, soft locks
  • Recover - Restores shine to stressed, sensitzed hair
  • Uplift - Purifies fine, flat hair without harsh striping
The Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo ($25 CAD) features yucca and goji berry. The shampoo restores shine to stressed, sensitized hair. The R.A.W. Recover Conditioner is a fairly lightweight shampoo. Despite not having any silicones, the shampoo still lathers quite nicely, leaving my hair feeling fresh and clean. Also - the smell is fruity and sweet! 


The Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Conditioner  ($25 CAD) features coriander oil and kaolin clay to improve strength, shine and bounce. This one smells lightly of the kaolin clay (similar to the aroma of a LUSH face mask). It's not the most pleasant but it's totally bearable. The Recover Conditioner has a deeply nourishing mask-like effect on my hair. I leave the conditioner in for a couple minutes in the shower and after rinsing it out my hair feels replenished and ultra soft. The caveat is that if I use the littlest bit too much, my hair gets greasy because the conditioner is so nourishing. So, I'm careful to use the R.A.W. Recover Conditioner only on the ends of my hair where I need it most. 

Overall, I found the R.A.W. Recover line to improve the softness and managability of my hair compared to the previous shampoo I was using (Garnier Whole Blends). In general, I'm loving the concept of the R.A.W. line. It's fresh, approachable, and thus far very effective. 

What do you think of the R.A.W. haircare line?

Press samples featured

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!