Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette

Behold. My third experience with Too Faced Cosmetics eyeshadows and my first with a palette from the "Chocolate Bar" line. Yes, I can finally confirm that the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette ($59 CAD) smells exactly like a chocolate bar. 


I've heard complaints from other beauty blogger friends that the heart-shaped eyeshadow pans and baby pink packaging is way too "pink and girly and tacky". You know what? It is...and I think it's kind of cute. Despite looking a little childish, the tin can handle its fair share of drops. I wouldn't call the packaging sleek but it doesn't take up a lot of space either. There's also a magnetic closure which is so satisfying to snap open and close. 

The Too Faced eyeshadows feel drier in texture compared to the likes of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadows (they're currently my #1). However, the shadows enclosed in the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette are great. They pick up easily with a brush and blend and build easily. There's some fallout but not enough to complain about. OH and did I mention? They smell like cocoa powder/chocolate bars and the scent wears away almost as soon as you apply it to your eyes (i.e. I can't smell my eyes...unfortunately).

Almond Truffle (matte mauve brown), Satin Sheets (frosty champagne gold), Sprinkles (shimmering pastel pink with gold sheen), Molasses Chip (metallic bronze), Malted (matte cool dark brown), Cashew  Chew (satin light pink brown), Cotton Candy (shimmering baby pink), Cafe Au Lait (metallic silver brown)


Bordeaux (matte dark red-brown), Mocha (matte medium warm brown), Black Currant (shimmering plum), Dark Truffle (shimmering warm dark brown), Pecan Praline (matte cool light grey brown), Totally Fetch (shimmering fuchsia), Earl Grey (shimmering deep teal), Divinity (matte bone)

If there's one thing about Too Faced that's amazing, it's their ability to curate multiple eyeshadow shades into wearable, versatile, covetable palettesThere are 16 cocoa-infused eyeshadows in the palette - 12 are what I'd call "neutrals" and the other 4 are a little more "avant garde" (Cotton Candy, Totally Fetch, Earl Grey and Black Currant). In terms of finish, there are 6 mattes, 6 shimmery shades, 1 satin, 1 frosty and 2 metallics. 

Only one of the shadows wasn't new to me and that's Satin Sheets which also appeared in the Le Grand Palais Palette for Holiday 2015. This doesn't bother me because Satin Sheets is just stunning. It works as a stellar highlight for both the face and eyes. 


Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette Look - Cafe Au Lait on the lid and inner corner, Almond Truffle in the crease, Bordeaux on the outer corner

My favourites of the palette include both metallics (Cafe Au Lait and Molasses Chip) as well as the the matte-ish colours that are fabulous as transitions shades (Almond Truffle, Mocha, Pecan Praline, Cashew Chew) and Bordeaux for the outer corner. In a nutshell, I'm all about the neutrals in this palette. But even if I was looking to tip toe outside of my comfort zone, the palette has got a bunch of brights and deeper bold colours for me to play with. 

Overall, I'm glad I got my hands on the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette. It's a well thought-out palette with whole lotta neutral for everyday and a few pops of colour to sweeten things up. 

Have you tried any of the Too Faced Chocolate palettes?

Received as a gift. Too Faced is a cruelty-free and gluten-free brand. 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!