Thursday, May 19, 2016

Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara

The Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara ($22) claims to provide 200% more volume to the thickness of lashes + 84% longer-looking lashes. That's a whole lot of lash, if I do say so myself. 

The wand of the Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara is freaking HUGE. To go with the huge claims, I guess. The wand is actually quite effective at grabbing onto all of the lashes and coating them with the mascara. 



I did not experience the "wow-worthy" lash intensity claims made by Mary Kay. There's certainly a lot of volume going on and a teensy bit of length. It's all for naught because the mascara can't really hold a curl. The mascara volume builds up quickly, 2 coats is likely sufficient for everyone and any more than 3 might give you the spider-look. 

In addition to all the volumizing/clumping action, the Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara supposedly has "TLC" or Triple Lash Conditioning, which means there is Pro Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and fatty acids to protect, condition and strengthen the lashes. I didn't feel any difference in the health of my eyelashes (they're still short and stubby and not particularly soft). 

Does it lengthen? A little. Does it volumize? Quite a bit. Does it clump? Yes. Does it smudge? No. Does it droop? Yes. Is it easy to remove? Yes. 

Overall, this mascara wasn't for me. It looks okay on the lashes but by no means the best. It's not something I would shell out $22 for. However, if you've got long lucsious lashes that don't even require a curl, then perhaps this one might work better for you. 

What do you think of the Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara? 
Press samples featured
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!