Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Cremes in 244 Sonic Truth and 246 Slow Burn

The search for the ultimate nude lipstick continues. Today's contenders are the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cremes ($38) in 244 Sonic Truth and 246 Slow Burn. 



As per usual, Marc Jacobs is killing it with the packaging. These lipsticks have a nice weight to them and the magnetic snap closure is so satisfying to open and close. Marc Jacobs calls it "the sound of luxury". I'm inclined to think it is. 

Marc Jacobs claims that the Lip Cremes have instant plumping and nourishing properties and provide 10 hours of wear. The lipsticks contain peptides, seaberry and cocoa butter, which do contribute to the smooth and hydrating texture of the lipstick. Something about the texture of the lipstick wraps around the lips impeccably, which makes for quite the application experience. 

For a lipstick with so much moisture content, the colour payoff is impressive. Colours like Slow Burn and Sonic Truth from other brands would take multiple layers for opacity, but the Marc Jacobs Lip Cremes only require one swift swipe. Also, the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Cremes are said to smell like a subtle vanilla but I can't pick up on it.

Swatches: Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Cremes in 244 Sonic Truth and 246 Slow Burn

The Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Cremes are available in 26 shades. There a couple other nude-ish shades such as No Angel 242 (apricot nude) and True (brown nude). 

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme in 244 Sonic Truth 

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme in 246 Slow Burn

244 Sonic Truth is a cool pinky nude, while 246 Slow Burn is a slightly warmer, rosier nude that translates on the lips as a mauve. I find Sonic Truth to be a bit pale for my liking. It looks okay on camera but not as great in person. 246 Slow Burn is a my lips but mauve/nude shade. I think it's a flattering nude on my complexion but it edges ever so slightly on being a purply pink mauve. 

Overall, I'm impressed by these lipsticks. Initially, I had thought that the formulation would not stand up to the price tag. However, the Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Cremes are a formula like nothing I've really tried before. Further, I'll probably be ditching all my other nude-ish lipsticks for 246 Slow Burn this season. 
Have you tried a Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme yet? 
Press samples featured

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!