Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Epic Blend Premium Lip Balm in More Moisture - Unflavoured

Paraben-free, petroleum-free, gluten-free, and not tested on animals. High five to that. I've also heard through the grapevine (aka other bloggers) that Epic Blend Premium Lip Balms is a Canadian company headquartered on the west coast. High ten to that. 



The first thing I do when investigating a lip balm is look at the ingredients list. I can appreciate that Epic Blend's is short and sweet. [Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Seed Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Vitamin E , Rosemary Extract.] - no lengthy chemical ingredients and all easily recognizable words. The Blistex list pales in comparison.




Epic Blend Premium Lip Balms come in a few different varieties and various flavours - Hemp (Vanilla, Citrus, Coconut, Mint), Vegan (Pineapple-Mint and Wild Berry) , More Moisture (Unflavoured, Cherry, Green Apple, Grape), and Limited Edition (Banana, Chocolate Rum) and retail for $3.49 at www.epicblend.com, Boathouse stores, and select retail locations (listed here). Shipping is free for Canadian orders over $15.

Though the flavours sound yummy, I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet. I'm enjoying the More Moisture - Unflavoured because it doesn't clash with the flavours/scents of my lipsticks and lip glosses.

Epic Blend does its job under and over lipsticks and even on its own. I've tried other organic lip balms where the product is too hard or too slick. Epic Blend is just right, it's soft yet non-oily and non-sticky. Exactly what I look for in a balm.

Pricewise, it's on point with organic, chemical-free competitors, so even for a slight premium I'm happy to choose Epic Blend over Blistex any day. They say you are what you eat and you practically eat what you put on your lips, so a high performing organic lip balm is always nice to have on hand.

I received this item in my Spark Sessions 2013 Goodie Bag. :) 

Do you have a favourite organic lip balm? 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!