Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Halfway to the Runway: BOLD GLAM - Allure Russia - Eniko Mihalik x Walter Chin


With hair by Italo Gregorio, makeup by Makky, and photography by Walter Chin , the cover of the August 2013 edition of Allure Russia is screams BOLD GLAM.

My face isn't quite as photogenic as Eniko Mihalik's but I thought I'd give her makeup a shot. :)


I was going to photoshop my face into the magazine cover, but it looked ridiculous so I decided against it... 




Of course, I started with the eyes because the loose shadows have a TON of fallout (i.e. that embarrassing moment when you realize that you have seafoam eyeshadow on your left nostril...in every photo...) 

Madison Street Beauty (MSB) Primer - all over the lid to make colours POP and stick
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Cottage Cheese - for extra POP and shimmer on the inner corner
MSB Cotton Eyeshadow - all over the lids
MSB Smoky Sapphire Eyeshadow - in the outer "V" of the eyes and into the outer crease
MSB Seafoam Eyeshadow - above the Cotton eyeshadow and into the inner corner
NYX Collection Noir Liquid Liner - super thin and subtle black line for extra definition
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara* - for added drama on the lashes 



I kept the FACE and LIPS simple because the eyes are just crazy. Bronzer to achieve the Eniko Mihalik cheekbones and gloss lip colour slightly darker than my natural shade.  

FACE: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation, Erase Paste, Collection 2000 Concealer, NYC Sunny Bronzer, Ecotools Blush Brush 

LIPS: Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss in Celebrate*, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

The finished look :D


FACT: Glasses (c/o Firmoo) make any crazy makeup look 10 times more wearable. 

Overall, I think I've found the perfect makeup look for everyday!.....jokes aside, the August 2013 issue of Allure Russia has a stunning cover. I really think the Madison Street Beauty Eyeshadows were great for such a dramatic look :)

What do you think of the cover of Allure Russia? How do you think I did? 

*If you come across a look that you think I might enjoy recreating PLEASE send me a photo or link at funsizestephh (at) gmail (dot) com and I'd be glad to make a post :D*

Products received for consideration are denoted with an asterisk (*).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments brighten my day!