Sunday, March 24, 2013

REVIEW: Stila Luxe Eye Shadow Palette

Picked up this gem (Stila Luxe Eye Shadow Palette) from ASOS for $24.99 (free shipping!).The Stila Luxe Eye Shadow Palette comes with 9 shadows (3 matte, 6 shimmers) and a full size Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. If you divide it all up, this is an excellent deal. Everything is about $2 each. I've never tried anything Stila (other than swatching stuff at Sephora), nor have I ever owned a "high end" palette", so this was a little treat. 



Packaging. General cardboard blah palette, but I really like the glittery packaging. An added bonus, the glitters on the packaging don't fall off all over the place in a glittery mess, they're kind of "sewn" into the cardboard. 


bubble bath. A matte peachy nude. It's pretty much the same colour as my skin, it's a little chalky but it works well as a nice blending base for the other colours. 

pink diamond. An ultra-shimmery pink. It's fairly sheer and if you want to see the pigment of the shadow you'll need to put something underneath. It reminds me of one of the shadows in the Revlon Primer+Shadow in Metropolitan, with pretty similar pigmentation and texture. 

cashmere. A rich mid-toned brown with a satin finish. It's quite buttery and pigmented. A neutral I would definitely wear. 


silk. A warm matte brown. It makes my eyes look a bit reddish. 

marilyn. A satin finish fuchsia. I have yet to try this on my eyes. It's pretty but I'm not sure of how wearable this will be. I'll try to make it work. 

crushed velvet. A deep deep brown. The shimmer isn't really visible when you wear it on the eye. 


bon bon. A matte mid-toned brown. It's less chalky than bubble bath and less red than silk. Perfect for a neutral crease colour. 

bordeaux. A shimmery burgundy. I think that Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk is an exact dupe in cream form. 

♥ of the ocean.  A rich navy blue with dark blue shimmer. This looks awesome under the eye for a subtle pop of colour. 

My favourites are bon bon, cashmere, and ♥ of the ocean. 

 I wanted to show what these looked like semi-blended out on my arm and in the sunlight. So here are some extra swatches: 

1 bubble bath // 2 silk // 3 bon bon // 4 pink diamond // 5 marilyn // 6 bordeaux


1 pink diamond // 2 marilyn // 3 bordeaux //  4 cashmere // 5 crushed velvet // 6 ♥ of the ocean


Last but not least, the smudge stick in Ladyfish. It's an aubergine (dark purple) with fuchsia shimmer.  I find that this isn't totally waterproof. If I don't set it with powder, near the end of the day it'll start wearing on to my lower lash line. 

Overall, I like this palette. I think it's great for someone who doesn't have a lot of shadows and is just starting to build their collection. The Luxe palette offers three matte shades (neutrals) as well as some  unique colours to fool around with as well. The palette also came with a demo card, and hopefully I'll be attempting to recreate the looks there and posting to see if they're actually looks I would wear (: 

Do you recommend any Stila products? Are you a fan of Stila palettes/shadows? 

28 comments:

  1. nice pallet
    I want follow each other on GFC and bloglovin a kiss from http://perlitalizardo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of Marilyn and Bordeaux! Lovely palette :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stila eyeshadows, they're so creamy and pigmented! These shades are super pretty, I really want this palette <3

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love how there's so much range, and so many options.

      Delete
  4. The smudge stick looks so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eyeshadow palettes so much! The colours here seems really nice!


    mirukuseki.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only owned a Stila palette once ages and ages ago and I loved it. You should try Marilyn over a black base for a smokey eye, I bet it'd look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours, they look great! I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you! I've never owned anything by Stila, too expensive for me normally. I think Marilyn would be really pretty as a pop of colored liner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour of Ladyfish -- would be great for green eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm digging Marilyn! I have never seen this palette before, must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how pigmented everything seems

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just bought my first Stila palette recently (in the light)and have been really liking it in terms of colour, and wear time...great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The palettes look divine!

    -Alina
    TransparentDimensions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these colors Steph!! Great review~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn and Bordeaux are beautiful! Very nice palette and fairly affordable as well :)

    Nikki
    Glitter and Grease
    http://nikkidee14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This palette is so similar to the Sleek Storm!, lovely pigmentation:)

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks like an absolutely gorgeous palette :) can't believe I haven't heard more about it, seems to have insane pigmentation!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is gorgeous! I'm eyeing Stila's In the Light palette. I hope it'll be a good purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the heart of the ocean eye shadow! I have never purchased a Stila palette but this has convinced me to give it a try. :) This is your first high end palette? You're going to want all the other eye shadow palettes at Sephora now! Haha. Thanks for following me btw, I've followed you back!
    Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a nice range of colours! I've only ever used the lipglazes from Stila but now I'll definitely have to pick this up!

    I've recently started a blog and to celebrate I'm giving away a bottle of Lady Million by Paco Rabanne. To enter just check out the post: http://lipglossandlace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/paco-rabanne-lady-million-edp-giveaway.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing post!!! i follow you now ;)
    i would love to follow me back because I really love your blog!! you have great posts
    kisses pretty
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful palette of color. Luv shadows with a bit of shimmer. That eyeliner looks fabulous, such an unusual color. Found you through the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. Following via GFC and Bloglovin'. Hope you can stop by my blog as well.

    Anne Marie
    http://moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey lovely! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can check it out here:

    http://dollfacedisasterbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Can't wait to see your answers :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day!